Its now 2020 .....three years after setting up GatherBuildWork. So much has happened and so much has changed, not least because of the coronavirus. The past three years have brought many new opportunities and the offer of support has been shaped by this and also some of the new demands of working virtually and online with people across the UK and Europe. For an idea about my current work please have a look at the News page here
Support from Nic.....
- Virtual planning with young people; a growing amount of work facilitating online planning with young people, some placed away from home, some excluded from school and others in crisis, visit this page for more information about this
- Working to reduce reliance on institutions and residential education for children and young people, including autistic young people, those with learning disabilities and those experiencing mental health challenges. Work at all levels from individual work with young people and families through to working with local strategic groups to working alongside national representatives in the NHS and other organisations.
- The ongoing challenges of making self-directed support a reality for children and young people; work and support to all levels of organisations, workforce development, policy and practice guidance and consultancy
- Network, workshop and meeting facilitation - working with a number of organisations including local community networks, national disabled people's organisations and others both on-line and face to face
- Zoom moderation and training, including making meetings and online work accessible and as inclusive as possible
Most of Nic's current work has been tailored to fit with a request or ask from someone or some organisation, if anything you are reading is of interest please contact Nic - click here to email or phone him on 07854 331 487
In May 2018 Nic with others founded 'Collective Action and Support' a network of people bringing their experience of life and work to tackle the support provided to children and young people with complicated lives and support needs. This exciting initiative continues to function as an informal network and is still listed on the NHS Personalised care Farmework; to find out more please visit: www.collectiveactionandsupport.org